Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What therapeutic solutions does TENS EMS/PMS electrotherapy device provide?
- What is pulse intensity specification of TENS EMS/PMS electronic muslce stimulator?
- What kind of technology does the modern digital TENS and EMS electronic pulse massager use?
- How to take care of the replacement electrode massage pads?
- The electrode pads are not sticking, what should I do?
- Why I feel stinging sensations from the electrode pads sometimes?
- I can barely feel anything from the electrode pads, what is wrong?
- I have a pacemaker, is this instrument safe for me to use?
- Where can I apply the electrode pads?
- How long can I use the TENS power muscle stimulator?
- Do I need to ask my doctor first about using this electrotherapy device?
- What is difference between TENS and EMS or PMS ?
- How does HealthmateForever wireless TENS reduce pain?
- Do all HealthmateForever TENS unit have wireless feature?
- What’s included in the single wireless kit Wi-9?
- How much does a single wireless receiver and TENS wireless kits cost?
- Can I adjust the intensity?
- How far does the wireless TENS can reach?
- Do HealthmateForever products require a Doctor’s prescription (RX)?
- Do I need to have Wi-Fi for using wireless unit？
- What do other people think about TENS/EMS Units?
4. What is pulse intensity specification of TENS EMS/PMS electronic muscle stimulator?
DC: 3.7 V Lithium Battery
Output pulse width: 90μS ± 15%
Pulse Rate: <100HZ
Max output amplitude: <5V (r.m.s)
5. What kind of technology does TENS and EMS electronic pulse massager use?
TENS power muscle stimulatoruses innovation of Human Bioelectric Emulation technology. There are other electronic massagers out in the market that use similar technology, but most of them only provide one “tapping” sensation. Your body will get accustomed to that one particular sensation and it will eventually stop responding to it. On the other hand, produces various kinds of massage sensations in a random fashion so that your muscles are always in for a surprise every time you use it.
6. How to take care of the replacement electrode massage pads?
Before applying massage pads, clean your skin first if you use skin cream or if your skin is dirty. If the pads become dirty, you can use clear water or hand sanitizer gel to clean.
Depending on frequency of use, the pads can last from one month to several months. If you find the pads lose their adhesiveness and it is very difficult to make them adhesive again by applying drops of clear water, or if the pads are worn out, you need to change the pads. Extra massage pads can be ordered. To change the pads, just unsnap the button on the back of the pads and clip on the new pads. Once you put a new set of pads on, the device will work like new again.
7. The electrode pads are not sticking, what should I do?
Make sure that the protective plastic covering the massage pads have been removed. The electrode pads are water activated. Before each use, dip your fingers into some water and rub the water onto each pad. Apply the pads immediately to your skin when they are still wet.
Remove the old pads and replace with new pads about once a month to ensure maximum effectiveness. Also, remember to place the pads back into the storage tray right after each use to prevent the pads from drying up and picking up dirt.
Note: Snap on electrode pads are only compatible with our snap-on dual-leads wires that are included in the kit in any device models excluding YK15 and YK15AB.
Inserted pin electrode pads are compatible with HealthmateForever YK15 or YK15AB TENS EMS units.
Attention: We are not responsible for pads that are not supplied from HealthmateForever. Our pads are the only ones that have been tested to be compatible with HealthmateForever devices.
8. Why I feel stinging sensations from the electrode pads sometimes?
The pads must be moist and sticky to work. Pads that are not moist enough will produce a weak and stinging sensation. Before each use dip your finger into some clear water and rub the water onto the massage pads. Apply the pads immediately to you skin when they are still wet. Make sure that the pads are making full and firm contact with the skin.
Worn out pads may also cause a stinging sensation. Replace the pads as needed. Even when you feel stinging sensations, you may just need to make sure that the pads are moist with water on the adhesive side of the pads.
9. I can barely feel anything from the electrode pads, what is wrong?
Check the wire connection to the pads and make sure the plug is securely plugged. Make sure the batteries are in good condition. Check the pads are moist and not worn out. Turn the switch off then turn on again. Please make sure both pads attach on same person’s body in order to feel the sensation. Generally increase the intensity level by turning the switch toward “on”.
10. I have a pacemaker, is this instrument safe for me to use?
No, unfortunately, the unit is not recommended to be used by those with a pacemaker. If you have a heart condition but not wearing a heart pace maker, then it is safe for you to use it.
11. Where can I apply the pads?
Generally speaking, apply pads to anywhere except heart and brain area . We recommend some common massage points in the manual for most effective relaxation on your body. The best way to relieve your pain is to find the pain points with fingers and apply the pads there.
Apply the pads on or around the painful area always making sure a pair of same size pads are on nerves or muscles. The best way to relieve your pain is to find the pain points and apply the pads there.
HealthmateForever TENS EMS/PMS unit provides passive exercise to cellulite areas and helps to shape your body. This is ideal for women to use on their abdominal muscles after giving birth, and for anyone who lives a sedentary life style. Elders or those who sit for prolonged periods of time can use HealthmateForever TENS EMS/PMS unit on all different muscle groups to maintain muscle tone and prevent stiffness.
HealthmateForever TENS EMS/PMS unit is also used to help relieve tired, achy, strained muscles and to give you relaxation and a deep soothing massage.
12. How long can I use the TENS EMS power muscle stimulator?
You can use it as often as you like. You can use it from 20 to 60 minutes each time, 2 to 3 times per day for better and faster improvement. There are NO chemicals or drugs or creams involved. It is very safe for long term use.
13. Do I need to ask my doctor first about using this electrotherapy device?
This device is designed for your personal use and is not intended to replace any health professional care.
When in doubt, we recommend that you consult with your doctor first.
14. What is difference between TENS and EMS or PMS?
TENS Unit vs EMS/PMS Unit
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulations (TENS) are safe non-invasive, drug-free methods of pain management. TENS is currently one of the most commonly used forms of electro- analgesia. The TENS device relieves pain by sending small electrical impulses through electrodes placed on the skin to underlying nerve fibers. TENS works by two different mechanisms.
First, electrical stimulation of the nerve fibers can block a pain signal from being carried to the brain. If the signal is blocked, pain is not perceived.
Secondly, the body has its own mechanism for suppressing pain. It does this by releasing natural compounds called endorphins which act as analgesics.
By effectively managing pain without drugs, TENS allows many people with chronic pain conditions, to resume daily activity. TENS has proven to be beneficial in the treatment of acute and chronic pain caused by pain related medical conditions. When TENS is used as an analgesic, patients are instructed to try different frequencies and intensities to find those that provide them with the best pain control. Optimal settings of stimulus parameters are subjective and are determined by trial and error.
Electrical Muscle Stimulator (EMS), now called Powered Muscle Stimulator (PMS) is intended to stimulate healthy muscles in order to improve or facilitate muscle performance.
1. Relaxation of muscle spasms
2. Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy
3. Increasing local blood circulation
4. Muscle conditioning
5. Immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous
6. Maintaining or increasing range of motion
15. How does HealthmateForever wireless TENS reduce pain?
It sends out multiple electrical waves through the electrodes to relieve pain which just as traditional TENS units do. A gentle electrical current is passed through electrodes which are attached to the skin near the site of the pain or discomfort. The pulses send electrical pulses through the central nervous system, thus blocking pain.
16. Do all HealthmateForever TENS unit have wireless feature?
No. First, you have to check the sticker on the back of each device to see if it has wireless icon. Second, the device must have a USB portal to connect with the transmitter.
17. What’s included in the single wireless kit Wi-9?
The kit includes 1 wireless receiver, 2 sets of self-adhesive electrode pads, 1 transmitter, and 1 instruction manual. No control unit is included in the kit.
18. How much does a single wireless receiver and TENS wireless kits cost?
HealthmateForever offers a variety of TENS wireless kits ranging from $139.99 to $499.99 for your choice. The single wireless receiver is $ 99.99.
19. Can I adjust the intensity?
Yes, you can adjust the intensity of A/B channels through the control units.
20. How far does the wireless TENS can reach?
The wireless TENS can transmit up to 30 feet.
21. Do HealthmateForever products require a Doctor’s prescription (RX)?
Nope. All HealthmateForever TENS devices are FDA Cleared Over the Counter (OTC) devices.
22. Do I need to have Wi-Fi for using wireless unit？
The wireless unit does not need WiFi for it to work as we have wireless technology to connect from control unit to wireless pads receiver.
- The long term effect of chronic electrical stimulation are unknown.
- TENS EMS unit should not be applied to the carotid sinus nerves, particularly in patients with a known sensitivity to the carotid sinus reflex.
- TENS EMS unit should not be applied over the neck or mouth. Severe spasm of the laryngeal muscle may occur and the constructions may be strong enough to close the airway or cause difficulty in breathing.
- TENS EMS unit should not be applied onto the chest near the heart in that the introduction of electrical current into the heart may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
- TENS EMS unit should not be applied trans-cerebrally
- TENS EMS unit should not be applied over swollen, infected or inflamed areas or skin eruptions, e.g., phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, etc.
- TENS EMS unit should not be applied over, or in proximity to cancerous lesions.
- TENS EMS unit should not be used on pregnant women.
- TENS EMS unit should not be used on people with pacemaker or with any heart condition.
- TENS EMS unit should not be used on people who have epilepsy or mental diseases.